“You can’t pour from an empty cup.” Indeed, it is important to take good care of ourselves, especially our health. You cannot buy the things that you want or provide for your family if you’re sick and cannot go to work. Health insurance is helpful in covering medical bills and other expenses as a result of certain illnesses. But did you know that there are some health care plans that offer extra lifestyle policies? In this section, let’s delve into the different extras you can get from your health insurance:
Gyms and exercise classes
There are health care plans with extras that cover memberships to various health and lifestyle programs. These include memberships to gyms or exercise classes.
- There are health care plans with extras that cover memberships to various health and lifestyle programs. These include memberships to gym or exercise classes including yoga, Pilates or swimming, skin cancer screenings, programs on weight management and how to quit smoking, as well as health assessments. Ask your insurer about the gyms and fitness centres that they recognise.
- Check the percentage benefits. In some cases, policies cover 60% or even 100% of your bill on a certain service. To get the most out of the percentage benefits from extras, check different policies and compare their annual limits for various services.
- Ask about loyalty bonuses. There are health care plans that reward loyalty by giving long-time members higher benefits.
- Know more about provider schemes. Extras can come with provider schemes, wherein the insurer will agree on a price, which is generally lower than the normal price, for a particular service. You will also get a higher benefit.
- Why do insurers offer extra lifestyle policies? At first glance, it may be hard to believe that some extras policies cover a percentage, if not the full amount, of certain services. If you maintain a healthy lifestyle, you will have fewer claims on your policy. You rarely get sick, and the insurer will not have to spend anything on claims.
- The amount that you can claim should be in your policy brochure. Bear in mind that not all policies are created equal, so the way some insurers treat extra lifestyle policies is different from how other insurers do it.
These are just some of the things you need to know about extra lifestyle policies covered by your health insurance. As always, remember that cheap health insurance doesn’t mean you can get significant cost savings. It really depends on your lifestyle and coverage. Don’t treat the cost as the sole deciding factor when looking for the right health insurance for you.
Got other ideas on extra lifestyle policies and cheap health insurance? Share your insights in the comments section.