Compare HSBC home loans
Buying a home or looking to refinance? The table below features home loans with some of the lowest interest rates on the market for owner occupiers.
HSBC is a British multinational bank and is one of the largest banks in the world. HSBC has around 4,000 offices in 67 countries and serves more than 40 million customers globally.
HSBC started operations in Australia in 1965 and gained its banking license in 1986. HSBC offers a wide variety of financial products and services including home loans, personal loans, savings accounts and credit cards.
What home loans does HSBC offer?
HSBC offers home loans available for lots of different types of home buyers, including people looking to buy their first home, refinancers and investors.
HSBC home loan interest rates
HSBC offers a wide range of home loan products with fixed and variable interest rates as well as principal and interest or interest-only repayment options. Some of HSBC’s key home loan products include:
- Home Value Loan: A competitive, variable-rate home loan with unlimited free extra repayments and no ongoing monthly service fee.
- Premier Variable Rate Loan: A home loan that’s available as a construction loan or for bridging finance. It also comes with a dedicated relationship manager.
- Home Smart Loan: A home loan that offers the ability to use your equity in your existing home. The minimum loan amount is $50,000.
- Fixed-rate Loan: A fixed-rate home loan that allows you to lock in your rate for up to five years.
- Home Equity Loan: An interest-only line of credit home loan with no set loan period for those with at least 20% equity.
You can check out the complete list and details of HSBC home loan products here.
HSBC mortgage features
HSBC offers numerous features on its mortgages. Key home loan features offered by HSBC include:
- Unlimited additional repayments: Certain HSBC home loans allow you to make unlimited extra repayments for free, helping you pay off your loan faster.
- Unlimited redraws: You can redraw the additional repayments made on certain home loans online.
- HSBC Mastercard: Some HSBC home loans include a HSBC Premier Master Card with no annual fees.
- No ongoing monthly service fee: Certain HSBC home loans have no monthly service fee with others have no establishment fees.
- Payment frequency: You can schedule your repayments to match the timing of your income, be it weekly, fortnightly, or monthly.
- 100% offset accounts: Standard variable rate loans come with 100% offset accounts that let you save on interest repayments.
- Split facilities: Some loans let you split between a fixed and variable interest rate, giving you the best of both worlds.
How to apply for a HSBC home loan
You must meet the lending requirements of HSBC before applying for a home loan. Generally, you need to be:
- Above 18 years old
- An Australian resident
- Employed or earning a steady income
- Depending on the loan, you might also need a clean credit history
You can apply for a HSBC mortgage on their website. You can also speak with a HSBC home loan expert on 1300 694 722 or visit a HSBC branch.
HSBC will generally need the following documents:
- Personal ID such as your driver’s license, passport, or Medicare card
- Payslips and proof of other sources of income
- Asset and liability documents
- Proof of savings, term deposits, managed funds etc.