In any Australian household, food gets a lion’s share of the weekly budget, excluding mortgage, if any. That’s why a lot of people are always getting creative and resourceful when it comes to saving money on food. There are actually a lot of ways to do this. One of these is to take advantage of supermarket rewards programs.
Taking advantage of the benefits that supermarkets offer loyal customers can help save money on food and other products.
Different supermarkets are involved in this endless battle of the rewards programs. In an attempt to win more customers, you’ll see various marketing tactics. How can you choose the one that can help save money when it comes to grocery shopping? Let’s take a look at the features of several supermarket rewards programs so you can weigh the pros and cons and choose the right one:
Everyday Money Reward Points by Woolworths
- You get one point for every $1 you spend on select products. You can increase the earn rate when you use a Visa card.
- To redeem points, the points you’ve earned within four months will be converted into a Money Shopping Card worth $20. Take note that you need to earn at least 4,000 reward points to be eligible for the Money Shopping Card.
- You can redeem the card at Woolworths supermarkets, as well as in other establishments such as BIG W, BWS, Dan Murphys, Master Home Improvement, Thomas Dux, and participating Caltex Woolworths fuel outlets. You can likewise redeem it online at Cellarmasters.
- There is no annual fee for the first year, but for the subsequent years, the yearly fee is $49.
Flybuys by Coles
- You earn two points for every $1 you spend, but you can also earn up to three points for every dollar you spend at any flybuys partners or at Coles Supermarkets.
- You can redeem points for flybuys Dollars at Coles Supermarkets, as well as at Kmart, Kmart Tyre & Auto Service, Target, Liquorland, First Choice Liquor, and Coles Express.
- A total of 2,000 flybuys points can be redeemed for $10 off.
- It comes with an annual fee of $89.
Saving money on groceries is not a challenging task. Taking advantage of the benefits that supermarkets offer loyal customers can help save money on food and other products. Should you decide to get one for your grocery shopping trips, make sure to understand how the process works.
Do you have other ideas on how to save money on food? Share your grocery shopping tips in the comments section.