Child education is one of the priorities of many Australian families. Of course, we want to give our children the best education possible to gain knowledge and learn skills in preparation for their future. Since it can be very expensive, it has always been said to get an education savings plan as soon as possible to aid in education-related expenses later on.
Learning can be free!
Children and adults alike can benefit from various online courses. The best part is, you don’t have to shell out money.
Aside from going to school, there are other ways to learn new skills without paying a lot. In some cases, you can learn for free. Just do some research online and you’ll find a multitude of courses that will greatly help you in either learning a new skill or further honing your current skill set for career advancement. Children and adults alike can benefit from various online courses. The best part is, you don’t have to shell out money. Here are six of them:
- YouTube – This video platform has become a great source of online tutorials on just about anything. Visit YouTube EDU which has a wide range of educational videos that students can use to help them in their lessons.
- Codeacademy – If your child shows interest in coding, check out Codeacademy. There are so many jobs that require coding knowledge, and this online platform can greatly help those who want to learn how to code.
- Investopedia – Want to join the world of trading and stocks? Investopedia may be beneficial for you. It is designed to educate people about investing and personal finance.
- Khan Academy – Not all of us are avid readers, so if you prefer watching educational videos over reading books, then this site is for you. It offers video lessons on a wide range of subjects.
- MeetUp – Learn a new skill from other professionals by expanding your network with MeetUp.com. It focuses on connecting like-minded individuals in a particular area. This is a great venue to meet new people and discuss topics that are within your area of expertise or even outside of your field.
- Udacity – If you’re into computer science, this digital university is for you. It provides free five-minute video lectures. There are no textbooks but the videos come with assignments and quizzes. Udacity also has an online forum so students can work together or collaborate on different projects.
Do you have other tips on child education and how to learn new skills for free online? Share your ideas in the comments section.