There are so many mobile phone plans available in the market nowadays. It looks like various brands keep coming up with best value mobile plans to suit the needs of different types of consumers. With so many features to look into and factors to consider, finding the best deal is not as easy as it seems. But the truth is it doesn’t have to be complicated. You can compare mobile plans in Australia so you can weigh the pros and cons of each product. In this article, we’ll show you some points to consider when choosing best mobile plan:
Before anything else, make you to answer these questions:
- How much is your budget?
- How many calls do you usually make in a day? Get the average number of calls in a month.
- Are you going to call other mobile phones or landline?
- Are you going to make local or long-distance calls?
- Do you use the internet often? How much data do you need per month?
- Which network provider offers adequate coverage to areas where you will usually use your phone – at home, in school, at the office, etc.
Prepaid vs. Postpaid
Here are the pros and cons of prepaid and postpaid plans:
- It doesn’t come with a contract.
- It offers more flexibility.
- It has no hidden charges.
- You might not be able to use your mobile phone when your credit expires or you don’t have credit.
- It’s pay as you go, so you may not be able to make overseas calls or take advantage of some features that postpaid plans offer.
- You’ll never run out of credit, as long as you pay the set amount every month throughout the contract.
- Take advantage of special features such as overseas calls, data roaming, and sharing data.
- There may be hidden charges on calls, data, and text messages every month.
- You cannot get out of the contract or during the locked-in period. Otherwise, you will pay an exit fee.
With your requirements in mind, do your research and compare mobile plans in Australia. Otherwise, the store will offer you what looks like the best value mobile plan, only to find out that it’s not the right one for you.
Do you have other tips on how to get the best value mobile plans? Share your ideas in the comments section.