There is a wide selection of mobile phone plans nowadays. Multiple brands constantly release new models that cater to a variety of consumers. With so many types to choose from, how can you find the best value mobile plans?
A change of heart within the contract will incur fees
Ask about the consequences of modifying a contract or cancelling it completely before buying a mobile phone plan.
Research is key. Mobile phone plans cost money, so you might as well ensure that you’re getting your money’s worth. There are so many information sources to look into, from word of mouth and feedback from family and friends, to social media and online reviews. When choosing mobile phone plans, it helps to get the answers from these crucial questions:
- Providers are not created equal. Some may offer good coverage even on the outskirts of major areas while some may only cover cities. Provide your local area and ask, “Do you have good coverage in my area as well as in other places where I need to use my phone?”
- Depending on your needs, your mobile phone plan may come with a one- or two-year contract. Make sure to ask about the length of the contract and the amount that you need to pay every month.
- What’s the most convenient way to pay my mobile phone plan bill? There may be additional charges should you pay in certain modes of payment such as through credit card.
- There are many providers that allot 60 seconds as the block of time. For consumers, this means that if a particular call lasts for less than a minute, the provider will still charge you for that one minute. Make sure to ask the cost of calls. It is also important to inquire about which calls will not be included in your mobile phone plan.
- Can I change or cancel my contract? A change of heart within the agreed contract of your mobile phone plan will incur fees. Ask about the consequences of modifying a contract or cancelling it completely before buying a mobile phone plan.
- If you have plans of using your phone outside the country, ask what the corresponding costs are when receiving voice calls, sending text messages or using data while in a different country.
- Can I save money by bundling my mobile phone plan with my home phone or internet? There are service providers that offer significant savings if you put multiple telecommunication services under the same contract.
Got other tips on how to get the best deal on mobile phone plans? Share your ideas in the comments section.