In Australia’s mobile phone plan landscape, competition is getting tougher and tougher, with the emergence of several companies offering a wide range of phone plans. No matter what your phone requirements and preferences are, there is surely a company that can meet your expectations.
When choosing a mobile phone plan, keep your needs and budget in mind and look only at products and services that are within your price range.
In this article, let’s take a look at the top companies in Australia that offer phone plans. You can also learn a thing or two about what to look for to get the best deal on mobile phone plans.
These are currently the 4 major mobile phone providers in Australia:
- Telstra – takes the lead in providing a wide range of mobile phones, devices, home phones, and broadband internet
- Optus – offers about 30 personal plans and eight business plans
- Vodafone – offers 38 plans and focuses in the metro and larger regional areas
- Virgin Mobile – offers 27 plans
At the end of this article we have an expanded list (and growing) of other providers.
There are so many features and options to choose from, and to get the best value mobile plans, here are some buying tips:
- Identify your requirements. Do you make a lot of phone calls? Do you need to be online all the time, whether for work or school? How much data do you need? Do you travel regularly? The answers to these questions can help in narrowing down your selection to get the best deal on mobile phone plans.
- Do your research. Telstra, Optus, Vodafone, and Virgin Mobile are major mobile phone providers, but there are other companies that offer mobile plans in Australia, so take time to check what their offerings are to get the best deal. You can also read online reviews and even ask friends for feedback about the mobile phone plans that they’re using.
- Set a budget. As with any shopping trip, the temptation can be too much when you reach the store. When choosing a mobile phone plan, keep your needs and budget in mind and look only at products and services that are within your price range.
- Compare mobile phone plans. Since these can be expensive, make sure to compare several phone plans from different companies in terms of their features. Some of the things to keep an eye on are the package deals, inclusions, contract terms, and data packages.
- Find a company that offers great coverage. Different providers have varying strengths in terms of coverage. Make sure that you can use your mobile phone plan in your home, at work, and in other places where you usually go.
Here are some helpful links to our comprehensive list of providers:
Got other tips on how to get the best value mobile plans in Australia? You can share y our ideas in the comments section below.