Announced in June 2020, the Federal Government’s HomeBuilder grant offers $25,000 to those building a home and making renovations.
To be eligible you must be an Australian citizen aged over 18, and be on an income of less than $200,000 for couples and $125,000 for singles. Additionally, your new home must be worth less than $750,000 (including land value), OR your renovation must cost between $150,000-$750,000 for a home previously valued less than $1.5 million. Available to all owner-occupiers, the grant is eligible for those with contracts entered into between June 4 2020 and 31 December 2020. We’ve put together a full guide on the grant, as well as some tips on how to best take advantage of it.
1. HomeBuilder basics
- Full details of the HomeBuilder scheme
- HomeBuilder by states and territories
- Which states are offering their own?
- Using HomeBuilder? Here's how to finance your construction
2. Benefits of HomeBuilder
- Small builders benefit from HomeBuilder boom
- Construction home loan rates cut on back of HomeBuilder
- Did HomeBuilder cause new home sales to soar?
- NSW launches ratings for developers in wake of HomeBuilder