Compare UBank home loan rates
Buying a home or looking to refinance? The table below features home loans with some of the lowest interest rates on the market for owner occupiers.
UBank is an online-only lender launched in 2008 as a division of National Australia Bank (NAB). As an online bank, UBank has no physical branches.
Other than mortgages, UBank also offers other financial products and services such as savings accounts, term deposits and SMSF accounts.
UBank home loan interest rates
UBank has a range of home loans for both owner-occupiers and property investors, offering fixed and variable rates as well as principal & interest and interest-only repayment options.
You can find a complete list of UBank’s home loan rates here.
Some of UBank’s key home loan products include:
- Variable UHomeLoan: A variable home loan with unlimited redraws and no application fees or ongoing fees
- Fixed UHomeLoan: A fixed-rate home loan for one to five years with no ongoing fees and 20% minimum deposit
UBank home loan features
UBank offers a variety of home loan features, such as:
- No ongoing fees: UBank variable home loans have no ongoing fees or application fees
- Flexible payments: UBank allows you to make weekly, fortnightly, or monthly loan repayments on a number of its loans
- Split loans: You can split your home loan between fixed and variable interest rates up to four times with a minimum split of $20,000
- Unlimited redraws: UBank’s variable home loans have no limit on redraws of extra repayments
- Flexible & convenient online banking: UBank offers a range of online features for your convenience, including an online application tracker and a “digital human” application assistant called Mia
- Discounts for loyalty: If you’ve held your UBank home loan for three straight years (or stay after your fixed-rate expires), you can get a 0.10% point loyalty discount off your variable rate.
How to apply for a UBank home loan
To apply for a UBank home loan you must meet their lending criteria:
- You must be 18 years of age or older
- You must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or Australian
- Permanent Resident
- You must be residing in Australia and have an Australian mobile number
- You must have an email address
- You must be outside your probationary period of employment
- You must be buying a house or unit that’s at least 50sqm
- You must be purchasing or refinancing an established property
Since UBank is an online-only lender, you can apply for a UBank home loan via their website
Applying for a UBank home loan will require you to submit certain documents such as:
- Proof of identity validating your name, address and birth date. This can be your passport, Medicare card, driver’s license etc.
- Details of your ongoing monthly expenses such as food expenses, childcare, clothing, transport etc.
- Saving accounts statements
- Proof of ongoing rent or board
- Assets and liability documents
- If you are an employee they will typically require two recent payslips and the most recent payment summary or tax return
- If you are self-employee they will typically require the last two years’ of company tax returns