Reserve Bank of Australia data released recently revealed ATM withdrawals plunged 20% in March as shoppers and shopkeepers go card-only amid COVID-19.
March saw just $34.62 billion withdrawn from ATMs across the country, down 20% from February's $43 billion.
This represents the lowest level since April 1999, when Australia's population was less than 19 million.
- How to rollover super to an SMSF
- Should I switch to a 'zero-interest' credit card?
- RBA calls for BNPL to cut no-surcharge rules
- CommBank 'nudges' customers to pay off credit card debt with tax returns
- New 'zero interest' credit card a market-first for credit unions