Compare ME Bank mortgage rates
The table below contains some of ME's latest home loan offers.
What home loans does ME Bank offer?
ME offers a range of home loans to both owner-occupiers and investors, including:
- The Flexible Home Loan: As the name suggests, this is a low-rate flexible home loan that has numerous extra features like a 100% offset account and free redraws, complete with no fees for valuing, fixing or splitting the loan.
- The Flexible + Member Package Home Loan: The Flexible Home Loan with extra products linked, such as a credit card, for a $395 annual fee.
- The Basic Home Loan: A more basic, no-frills home loan with no monthly account-keeping fees, and no application fee, but a higher rate than the Flexible home loan.
- Fixed Home Loans: ME also offers the Flexible and Package home loans for fixed terms ranging from one to seven years.
ME Bank also offers different types of repayments (e.g. interest-only, or principal and interest) to suit different circumstances.
ME Bank mortgage features
Accompanying some of ME's home loan products are the following features:
- Redraw facility: Redraw extra repayments for free, at a minimum of $500 each withdrawal.
- Offset accounts: ME bank offers a 100% offset account to help borrowers save on interest.
- Early, extra and more frequent repayments: You can change your repayment amount and frequency with ME Bank to suit your own schedule
- Repayment holidays: You can take a break from your repayments for up to 12 months at a time (although interest will still accrue).
- Split repayments: You can split your repayments between fixed and variable to get the best of both worlds.
- Interest in advance: If you’re an investor, you can pay an interest chunk upfront to be more tax-effective.
ME also offers a home loan health check-up, where you can check the progress of your loan repayments with one of ME’s experts.
Not all ME home loan products will have all of these features. Be sure to consult your broker or a mortgage specialist from for more details. Check the Ts and Cs for more info on a loan’s fees, charges, interest rates and features.
How to apply for an ME Bank home loan
To be eligible to apply for a home loan with ME you generally need to:
- Be 18 years old or over
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Have a regular source of income
- Demonstrate your ability to service the loan
- Have a clean credit history (never been bankrupt)
You can apply for an ME Bank home loan online or by phone on 1300 490 554. You can also call ME to book a chat with a mobile expert.
Documents and information needed
To ensure your home loan application with ME is successful you should have the following documents ready:
- A form of identification document (e.g., driver's license, birth certificate, passport)
- Your annual income and estimated assets
- Your estimated expenses and liabilities
- A current email address and mobile phone number
ME Bank Frequently asked questions
How long does it take for ME to process my home loan application?
Generally, it can take several weeks at least to be fully processed and approved, as ME needs to verify your identity, assess your application in terms of your finances and transfer security of the property. Sometimes it can take more or less time, but don’t rush it and don’t get impatient.
Pre-approval tends to take less time than unconditional approval, and you should receive a pre-approval within one business day of completing your application with ME, but speak to an ME mortgage specialist for more information on your application.
How does ME verify my identity?
ME can verify your identity electronically or over the phone, using the personal details you provided during your application. But you can also verify your ID with ME directly by filling out its Identification Verification form.
Why was my ME home loan application unsuccessful?
Your home loan application can be unsuccessful if you don't meet the eligibility criteria or haven't supplied all the documentation required for the process to move forward.
Considering other lenders? Compare home loans with these low-rate offers for owner occupiers:
Refinance home loans.
Rates as low as 1.98% p.a.