In this day and age when almost everyone goes online on a daily basis, it’s not surprising to see more and more people looking at internet TV for entertainment. There are several providers of pay TV, and their offerings vary. How can you choose the one that suits you best? One that enables you to access the shows that you want and at the same time, saves you money?
Did you know...
There are two general categories in pay TV: subscription TV and streaming video on demand.
Here are some of the things to take into account when choosing a pay TV provider:
- One internet TV option is to subscribe to a stand-alone service, or bundle your chosen pay TV service with your home broadband plan. In this way, you’ll be able to gain access to a long list of TV shows, documentaries, movies, and even live sporting events.
- It’s important to know that there are two general categories in pay TV: subscription TV and streaming video on demand. Foxtel belongs to the first category, and it requires customers to sign up for a one-year contract, and pay for installation and equipment.
On the other hand, Netflix and Stan, which fall under streaming videos on demand services, do not require customers to pay installation costs. There are also no contracts. They even offer a free one-month trial. However, these services require internet access, which usually involves set-up costs and contract periods.
- Different pay TV providers offer different sets of popular TV shows. That’s why it’s important to check the list of shows available before signing up.
- What are the devices that you use? Note that there are providers which may not be compatible with your devices such as DVD players and gaming consoles.
- Check if the pay TV provider has an app or a feature that will enable you to watch movies and shows from a portable device such as your smartphone or tablet.
- The quality of the videos has an impact on the price you’re going to pay for the internet TV service. For instance, expect to pay a bit more for movies in HD, compared to shows that are of SD quality.
- Your internet connection also plays a role in your viewing pleasure. It’s important that you have connection that’s fast enough to stream videos without interruption. HD content, for instance, needs fast internet connection. Otherwise, you’ll not enjoy watching movies even if the quality is good.
Do you have other ideas on pay TV or streaming TV online? Share your insights in the comments section.